Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm certified now

I passed the test, so now I'm a "Certified Knowledge Manager (CKM)." It's funny, I don't feel smarter, but I do have great initials to add after my name. This will look great on my business card and resume.

Certification in knowledge management is still evolving. My certification required a two day course and then taking a 50 question test. Even though I have over 10 years experience in the field, little of my past knowledge helped me with this program. The STI Knowledge approach, terminology and test questions were different from how I was approaching KM (not necessarily bad, just different). I'm aware of a few other groups that offer certification, and I assume their certification has the same challenges. The course itself was valuable from a learning perspective; the certification, well that's another story.

Until this field is more standardized, certification is what it is, proof that you listened in a short course.

3 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. I am doing a certification for Six Sigma. It is taking me a long time!

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry, let's try this again, lol.

I'm looking at certification and I was just wondering who/where you received yours.

I'm not all that convinced it's essential, but I like letters behind my name too :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home